Friday, June 17, 2011

If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?

When I write more often then not I begin with the end, write the middle, and then finish with the opening. After which I send to my good friend Amy, who so kindly takes the time to review 99.9% of everything I put on paper. (I trust her opinion. Plus, I like her a lot.)

This will be different though. It's not technical. It's not going in a magazine. It's simple.

Back in February I took an annual beach trip with three of my best friends: Leah, Erin and Roz. We call ourselves the Fantastic Four and even though time has forced us to move out of Panhellenic kicking and screaming, we still make a conscious effort to get together two times a year, which is a whole 'nother blog post. Leah brought her new camera on the last trip and ever since I've been itching to get one myself. Sometime later, my dear friend Amy, the proofreader (she wears many hats in our friendship), got a similar camera. I couldn't wait any longer and after three months of wanting one really bad, I went out and got it.

After having my new purchase a little over a week, I began to think this just may be the perfect outlet to write a little and share some photos.
The first weekend I had my camera was a weekend full of birthdays.

Amy, my proofreader, to the left and I enjoying a little sake at our friend Ben's 29th birthday. I don't think we even like sake now that I think about it... Shortly after the birthday boy asked me if I worked for the Hattiesburg American.

Saturday, June 11 brought another birthday celebration. Brad, Mom and Maw Maw at Maw Maw Joan's 80th birthday.

My dad and I during the party. One of my favorite pictures of us.

As close to blood related as it gets. After Maw Maw Joan's 80th birthday celebration, A'lice, Leonie, Jami and I had a few celebratory cocktails. It had been so long since the four of us had been together. Such a special night!

This is so much more than just a picture of martini's. It's a friendship. (That's what I told A'lice, after drinking about five of these pictured.

Those are just a few photos from the first weekend I had my new camera. I definitely need a good photography class but until then, I'll point and shoot and hope the pictures come out decent.

... I bought my camera because I loved the ones my friends had, I'm starting to blog because I've seen so many of my friends blogging... If Leah, Amy and A'lice jumped off a bridge, would I? Maybe, maybe not. I'd like to think I wouldn't. I'm scared of heights.

2 comments: