Friday, December 16, 2011

A Little Guessing Game we Like to Call European, American or Carribean

Standing on the sand watching Ben and Ashley get married I couldn't help but think: How funny would it be to have had a camera crew follow us around this year? From Birmingham to Disney World to Hattiesburg to New Orleans to Antigua - so many weddings, yet each one was unique and equally special. True life: 27 dresses.

I can think back to January and name each weekend and what it entailed - it's so clear in my mind because not only were the free weekends few and far between, but about 80% of them involved Ben and Ashley. Some friends you don't meet until after college and these two are golden. If it wasn't for Brad, I would have never met Ashley and to be honest, can't imagine my adult life without her. She really has become one of my very best friends. Brad and I consider the newlyweds family and wouldn't have missed this wedding for the world.

On Dec. 6 Brad and I spent the night in New Orleans in anticipation of our 6 a.m. flight to Antigua. Months and months of built up anticipation and numerous countdowns couldn't have prepared us for the sights we were about to see and the fun we were about to have. We were welcomed by the Harper/Markland crew bright and early (or should I say dark and early) and boarded the plane to paradise! The party started in Miami and ended for us on the evening of Dec. 13. The grand finale of all weddings, Brad and I wish Ben and Ashley all the happiness in the world and can't thank them enough for allowing us to be a part of such an amazing experience.

Harper/Markland Wedding | Antigua | Dec. 7 - Dec. 13

I don't know what 2012 will bring, but I can guarantee it will be full of weekends involving Mr. & Mrs. Markland!

No comments:

Post a Comment