Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Jesus, Don Juan and Jimmy Buffett!

No surprise, but the last three weeks of December are a blur, much like the rest of 2011. I turned 26, my Dad turned 50, Christmas day, as it always does, consisted of too much champagne, Crown and Jell-o Shots for Jesus, we spent 3 days in New Orleans and wrapped up 2011 with newlyweds Ben and Ashley.

Oh, and in that small amount of time we also started the process of buying a house.

Growing up, my favorite holidays have always been Mardi Gras and Christmas, but if I had to pick a solid favorite, Christmas would trump them all. In year's past, my parent's, Katelyn and I would pick out a Christmas tree on Thanksgiving and every year it was (and still is) "the prettiest tree we ever had." As my sister and I have gotten older, and I've moved to Hattiesburg, we don't always get to pick out the tree together, but Christmas time is still, and always will be, the most special time of the year for the Eaton crew, close friends and family.

A little over an hour away from home, you'd think that I lived across the world, because coming home for the holidays is better than a roast beef po-boy from BB's (and there isn't much that is better than that).

Dec. 18, 2011 | Don Juan's 50th Birthday Party

Happy birthday Jesus, Don Juan and Jimmy Buffett!
Dec. 25, 2011

Post-Christmas in the Big Easy


We survived 2011! Happy New Year!

Reflecting on 2011, there is a lot for Brad and I to be thankful for. The first two that come to mind though are our family and our close friends that might as well be. You don't have to be blood to be family. Our lives would be so empty without each and every one of them. 2012 is already shaping up to be just as good a year as any -- and it's only Jan. 5.

Watch out 2012! Guess who got a tambourine for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an enjoyable event it was. I am really happy with the photos. We have also started the preparations for Christmas in April family party but it is not very easy to find any good event venues within the budget. We want to throw an extraordinary party so suitable venue would make an influence.

    ReplyDelete