Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Aunts"

The night Leah called to share the news that she was pregnant I was in the midst of wedding shower havoc - party this weekend, fly here, drive there, party that weekend. When she asked me how I was doing I'm not confident that at that moment I even knew who I was, much less how I was doing. To be honest, I hadn't, and still haven't, taken the time to think about how I'm doing - there just isn't any time (maybe I should pencil that in on my calendar or add it to one of my lists). After listening to Rambling Randy, that would be me, for 10 minutes, Leah then said something along the lines of: Well, I hope you still have enough in you to throw a baby shower!

And at that moment, an Excel spreadsheet was opened and the planning began! Of course, the answer to the pink or blue question would come much later, but Roz, Erin and myself picked a shower date of April 7, 2012, coined it a "Baby Shower Brunch" and in December when Brad and I found our new home, decided that's where the party would be.

Today the name Lillian is used so casually in conversation between members of the Fantastic Four, it's almost as though we've been anticipating her arrival for much longer then Leah's pregnancy. She will be the first baby to enter our little world, and because of this, I know her "aunts" will always have a special place in our hearts for her.

As Leah left her shower, we couldn't help but think: this will be the last time we'll see her before Lillian Kathryn makes her grand entrance. Here's to late May/early June! The next time we're all together we'll be at the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment