Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Say Cheese!

"Oh Darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you every grow up, just stay this little.
Oh Darling don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple." ~ T. Swift

My advice: Don't listen to Taylor Swift's "Never Grow Up" without a tissue. Even when she's 25 this is going to be her ring tone on my phone. I know she's not little anymore, but I'd do anything to have her back in the sixth grade at St. Alphonsus. This weekend my little sister Katie had her Junior Prom. I repeat - JUNIOR Prom. Where has the time gone?

I've been blessed with the prettiest little sister anyone could ever have, I'm so proud of her, and I wish every day that I could have a heart like hers.

In addition to Prom, Brad and I jumped in the car at 5 p.m. last Friday afternoon to rush home. It wasn't so bad though because 1. We were in route to be in great company with an unbelievably fun weekend in store and 2. He had a a few cold Abita Strawberry iced down for the drive.

Summertime in South Mississippi:
it's the most wonderful time of the year.

I love surprise parties! Brad and I were invited to a surprise birthday party in honor of my good friend Kristi's 25th birthday. It was a blast (from what I remember). Anytime I can be around members of "the circle", my day is made. In addition to T-shirts and huggers, I think personalized M&M's have been added to my "Things Necessary for a Party" list. They were too pretty to eat!


A Dee Gee, a Chi O and a Tri Delt walk into a bar...

After we saw Katie off to Prom, we headed downtown to see Karen Waldrup at Mosaic's. Initially this was the reason I had planned to be on the coast but then we got Kristi's invitation and found out about Katie's prom falling on the same weekend - it just happened where we were able to be in town and do it all! A box of wine, a bucket of beer and a bottle of Jameson later at Phoenicia's, and we were off to see Karen!

It very much could have been deliriousness but one late night in college, while on goodness knows what floor of the library attempting to study something that I'm sure doesn't apply to my current job, me, Karen and Kim "Awesome" hid behind a desk facing the only elevator on the floor. When the doors opened and someone stepped out of the elevator, we'd raise one of our phone's and take the person's picture. Except, it wasn't just a flash that went off - the phone obnoxiously rang out, "SAY CHEESE!" followed by a pretty loud clicking flash noise. We got some of the best pictures that night and we laughed until we cried. To this day, when we take a picture, we can't help but exclaim, "SAY CHEESE!" And yes, I realize this was probably funnier if you were there.

Even though Karen only played "Midnight Queen" once... :) I wish her all the luck in the world. She has a great talent. If you haven't gotten a chance to see her live, check out her website and plan a night to be entertained!

In my heaven...
In my heaven it will be Sunday year round and everyone who I love will be at my parent's pool for a seafood boil, outside speakers blaring, swimming, laughing... (all I'll need to add will be a swim-up bar). It's simple. It's by far when I'm my most happiest, and it's my favorite place to be.

Here's to a summer full of Crab and Crawfish Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment