Tuesday, March 20, 2012

She Said Yes to the Dress!

Wikipedia states (and according to Brad Boudreaux, all information listed on Wikipedia is 100% fact) St. Patrick's Day is "generally characterized by the attendance of church services, wearing of green attire, public parades and processions, and (get this Tara Moe) the lifting of Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol, which is often proscribed during the rest of the season."

Had we read this little tidbit of information, Moe Moe (who has given up alcohol for Lent) may have partaken in the pre-game wedding dress shopping festivities, which consisted of Winky, the Bride-to-Be's momma, popping a couple bottles of champagne in the gas station parking lot, located in Lamar County (a dry county might I add), before our drive to Imaginations in Brookhaven.

My personal opinion: Imaginations is the epitome of a wedding dress store. I can name five people off the top of my head who have visited this shop to purchase their dress. The service, the hospitality, the dress selection and the employees' level of patience and assistance are beyond top-notch. In February of 2009, I made a trip to this store because my best friend Marie, who traveled there to accompany her now sister-in-law, suggested I give it a shot. In January of 2011, I took the same drive with Marie, when it was her time to find the dress of her dreams, and approximately a year and a month later, I had the honor to take this trip, once again, with Amanda.

Mimosas (minus the orange juice) in tow, Tara, Amanda's Maid of Honor (we like to refer to ourselves as the "of honors"), myself, Winky and Amanda, departed from Hattiesburg at 8 a.m. on March 17 to arrive at Imaginations for Amanda's 10 a.m. appointment. Dress after dress, it was obvious from the beginning, that dress number two was THE dress (pictures to be posted after her November 17 wedding day). If someone could take me back to the moment Amanda and I became sorority sisters, never would I have guessed that I would be there by her side to experience this moment. She is going to be one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen.

On this last trip to Imaginations, I learned a very important lesson:

When driving with champagne in your middle console, use SOLO cups. Wine glasses turn over too easy and result in lots of stickiness and your air conditioner to perform some sort of "Saturday Night Fever" strobe light dance. No, it didn't short out but Tara and I were a little concerned. It gave us a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment