Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Here, There and Everywhere

Drive to New Orleans, drive to Hattiesburg, drive to Jackson, drive to the Coast, drive to Hattiesburg... I think between the both of us, Brad and I spent at least 10 hours in a vehicle this past weekend, but it was all well worth it!

The reason we found ourselves in Jackson was to celebrate Nathan and Amanda's engagement - and boy was it a celebration! You may or may not be able to tell from reading my blog, but I'm a bit of a party planning perfectionist. I generally can find something wrong with every party I go to. The flowers aren't pretty enough, the food isn't good enough, the entertainment is blah: but I can honestly say, this party was so wonderful! The details put into the planning of this engagement party made it evident that the hosts and hostesses worked extremely hard. Their efforts went anything but unnoticed. From chalk board paint dipped wine glasses to individual photos of the couple in wine glass jewelry, it was obvious that Amanda and Nathan have a group of people in their lives that truly care for them.

 
I'd like to add proposal photography to my resume. :)
 

Prior to the engagement party, Ben and Ashley opened up their home and let us stay for the weekend. We reminisced about their wedding in Antigua and spent a day at the pool on Saturday where we informed them of our plans to go to New York City in December. Brad has never been and I've always wanted to go around Christmas. Multiple drinks on the Markland tab later, looks like they'll be joining us in the city the day after Christmas! I will not rush my summer away but THAT is going to be one awesome trip!

  

We ended our Sunday when the sun went down at my parent's for a nice little Sunday Funday crab and shrimp boil. There were lots of laughs, great company and a ton of talk about 50 Shades of Grey. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and go get the damn book. It took months of people telling me to go get it before I caved and I am so glad I did!
An exhausting weekend means it was a perfect weekend.

Laters, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment