Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Next Stop, Vegas Please!

I couldn't help but feel guilty about staying home this weekend. We missed Super Bowl parties and crazy amounts of New Orleans fun, but I knew the guilt I felt for staying home would far outweigh the guilt I would have felt had I not gotten my 10-mile training run in, kept up with my food journal and stuck to "The Challenge." Guilt and the scale have been the two key factors pushing me along the last nine days, and FYI: peer pressure is a horrible and terrible thing. I will not falter through these last few week!

The longer runs we do in preparation for Feb. 24, the more and more I'm impressed with Brad! He completed his 10-miler in under 2 hours and my time is below. He's going to kill that half-marathon. Even though I "talked him into this madness," he likes it as much as I do once our runs are over! Plus, I'm happy we've gotten to do this together.

We rang in the Super Bowl with Marie and Trey, planning out next weekend's Mardi Gras festivities while looking at a King Cake that I swear we didn't eat. We have witnesses! 
 

The first week of "The Challenge" was spent in Las Vegas for us both, which means we only got two points that week since martinis, bone marrow, macaroni and cheese and frozen hot chocolate aren't anywhere near the clean eating spectrum... BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT! 

Hands down, New Orleans is my favorite city in America. It doesn't really count though, since it's like home, so apart from that, Las Vegas rounded out close (extremely) to my love for New York City. We had the best time: Up before the sun came up, go-go-go all day long, dinner, a show just about every night and bedtime. We had a few things on our list that we didn't get to hit but that is okay. I have a feeling we'll be taking a weekend trip sometime in the near future! Some people go to Vegas for late-nights and gambling but we'll go back for the food, the shows and the hotel spa!

Red Square
Bone Marrow at Bouchon
Vegas Sunrise
Mon Ami Gabi Breakfast Stop on our 10-mile Morning Outing
Ri Ra Irish Pub
Taking in the view at MIX. THE BEST VIEW IN VEGAS!
VIP at Minus 5 Ice Bar
Favorite meal of the whole trip! rmseafood
Brad, Alan and baby Carlos looking for Doug.
Shut up! Not everyday you see someone you know on The Strip.
"I'll think I'll take this drink!"
Do yourself a favor, and get the pretzels at Gordon Ramsay's Pub & Grill.
Been waiting for this for a LONG time. Serendipity 3!
The flamingos at THE Flamingo! Get it?
Lily Bar & Lounge
Dinner before Ben Folds at Yellowtail.
Don't let these little guys fool you! There's Pop Rocks in there!
Our new favorite thing to do. Go to the spa.
Post spa morning at the Burger Bar.
So very happy!

And those are only a few of the places we visited and sites we saw. The other stuff... well you know what they say, "What happens in Vegas..."




Until next time Vegas (hopefully sooner than later)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment