Friday, February 22, 2013

Training Runs = DONE

Sunday is the BIG day! The day I've been training for since September 17, 2012! All the getting up before the chickens, literally, running in the cold, setbacks, successes and aches and pains are about to pay off! I feel like I'm about to ride a really scary roller coaster. I'm nervous and excited and really cannot wait until Sunday morning!

Last weekend we tackled 11 miles with our running group, Team #noexcuses. Can I just say how much I love my team? After joining Versus almost a year ago, I never would have imagined how much my life would change, the friends I'd make or the changes I'd see in myself. In class last night we talked about re-branding ourselves, and I definitely believe that is what is happening to me. That's another whole blog post that will take place on my one-year Versus anniversary, April 2.

I know I can do 11 miles without stopping, so let's just hope I feel as good as I did last Sunday! Brad and I both have come so far, and I know he's going to kill it!


In the midst of all our training, we headed on down to the Mardi Gras. Marie and I share a lot of things in common. We also have a few things that make us polar opposites, such as our taste in music (she's never been one to love MMMBop), but our love for Mardi Gras is something that we'll always share. Marie and Trey took us to Mardi Gras and we got to take them on a mini-John Besh food crawl to Luke and Domenica.

Next year!

Until next year, my dry-cleaned Perlis dress will hang in the closet.

Wish Team #noexcuses luck this weekend! I'll see you on the other side with my 13.1 sticker!

P.S.

I forgot to mention how good we're going to look crossing that finish line! Design by Rampage Design.


No comments:

Post a Comment