Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This Ain't No Disco

Free tickets to see Sheryl Crow? Don't mind if we do. Randomly at the end of last week my mom called to see if we wanted to go see Sheryl Crow. For three days Dad and I were in a full-out lyric war in preparation for Friday night's festivities. 
She was amazing - smash box and all. ("Smash box" = accordion according to Don) I'll use it in a sentence. Don: "That was so awesome. She played the piano, the harmonica and even the smash box." Man, I love my family. We had a great time, ran into Erin and Andrew at the concert and were able to invite Whitney and Jonathon to come along as well. Any night that ends in everyone wearing Waffle House hats, had to have been a success. 
The following night, on Mother's Day eve, we all went to see Katelyn at her junior Cotillion. I could easily go on a rant about how time flies, how I can't believe she will be 18 in September or how, if I could, I'd reverse time about 10 years. I could do that, but I won't. Instead I'll say that I'm thankful for her, I wish I could be more like her and I think she is growing into a beautiful young lady.

Okay, maybe we are a little alike!


No comments:

Post a Comment