Thursday, November 8, 2012

Extra Long Island

Foxy, our town car driver, was the first person we met after landing in the Bahamas last Friday for Spencer and Chrissy's wedding. I have to say, I think he was a pretty smart man. Not only did he share a few words of wisdom with us, he took Brad and I to the most awesomely named liquor store where they opened beers for us for our ride to the resort. Are you ready for the name of this liquor store? I don't think you're ready. Okay, it was called: I REALLY NEED A LIQUOR STORE. Genius! And no, I didn't take a picture. I was too busy enjoying the local beer and taking in all the sites.

We had a great trip celebrating Spencer and Chrissy! Everyone was so nice, the wedding was beautiful, the weather was perfect, 80 degrees and sunny the entire time, and the drinks - they flowed until the minute we boarded the plane to head home. If we didn't drink 50 (Extra) Long Island Iced Teas, we didn't drink one. I'm a bit of a picture taker some would say and usually snap a ton, especially at weddings, which I did. Except, this time the "not appropriate for the Internet ones" outweighed the, let's say, "classier" ones. Which explains the lack of wedding photos or a decent one of the Bride and Groom and Brad and I. Lots of dancing, lots of celebrating... Let's just say it was really, REALLY fun.

Hands down the Bahamas was the prettiest place I've ever been. The water was like nothing I had ever seen. If you know me well, you know I have a bit of a phobia of other countries. Meaning, I never like the food, I always feel a little uneasy with the language barriers, etc. The food the entire trip was awesome (shout out to Cafe Martinique)! The people were great and I never felt uneasy leaving the property. All I could think about was our family and closest friends and how perfect it would have been to have them there too! I can not wait to return to the Bahamas - and one day, we definitely will!

I swear this turtle knew his picture was being taken.
Brad and Atlantis!
Is that not beautiful? I'll take two thanks!
Brad and Spencer, the groom!
"I like your spirit! This one is on me."
Beautiful scenery for a wedding!
The mildest picture of the night.
Lanterns flying away to end the night.

During breakfast one morning Brad requested champagne and the waiter, upon bringing back the breakfast beverage said, "I don't know what the occasion is, but here you go!" Brad replied, "The occasion is breakfast!" (That waiter had no clue the amount of champagne that can be consumed at a bottomless champagne breakfast when the Eaton, Diaz, Markland and Boudreaux crew get together.) He also told Brad he liked his spirit so the next glass was on him. :) That husband of mine, he is a hoot.
 
"God blessed America, but he lives in the Bahamas." - Foxy

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment