Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Here Comes the Bride

It's not much of a secret that I don't particularly care for public speaking. Even when I'm 100% confident with what I'm saying, I still shake on the inside. It makes me even more nervous when someone says, "I know you hate talking in front of people, but will you..." Don't say that. Just let me do my thing. And as scared as I am before and while it's happening, I have to admit, I don't think I'm THAT bad at it (at least that's what I tell myself when it's over). One of my dreams is to be in an 80s rock band (as Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" plays in my head), so this phobia doesn't really mesh well with my aspirations. With that being said, I had this whole long, drawn out speech ready to go for Amanda and Nathan's rehearsal dinner but my nerves got the best of me and I didn't say half of what I intended to. Hopefully they got the essence of what I was getting at which was...

That as a senior in high school it's hard to look past graduation and the friends you've made growing up. It's impossible to imagine the people that are going to come into your life once you go off to college, which was when I met Amanda, or after, when Amanda introduced Nathan to me and Brad. 

Amanda and I officially became friends my sophomore year of college, her freshman year, when we both pledged the same sorority, Delta Gamma. But being in a sorority together isn't what makes us sisters. Amanda is my family and it's hard for me to imagine a time when she wasn't a constant in my life.  

I wouldn’t choose anyone else for Amanda. Her and Nathan deserve all the happiness in the world, and I truly believe that they've both met their perfect match and best friend in one another. The pictures that were taken Saturday are worth a thousand words.

Brad and I are over the moon for both of them, and the four of us have had some pretty fun and, on occasion, interesting times. I know that we have many more memories to make and our prayer is that if they ever need anything, they know that we are here for them. The friendship we have with those two is rare and doesn't come along everyday.

We can't thank them enough for letting us be apart of their big day!

Newman/Cameron Wedding Weekend
November 16 - 17, 2012

What a thoughtful and perfect bridesmaid gift!
My partner in crime since February. MOHTTT!
Best friend for life, slide show and make-up extraordinaire.
Hey groom!
Amanda and Nathan at their rehearsal dinner at Walnut Circle Grill.
Signature pose...
What? The bride was very kissable that night. ;)
Three generations!
The Moe Moe we all know and love.
Is she not the most beautiful bride you've ever seen?
Dee Gee TTT!
Wink and all the bridesmaids!
So very proud of my little sister!
This is what happens when we go months without seeing each other.
Little Sister and Big Sister Reunion
BIM BAM!
The model father/daughter relationship!
Posing with a piece of the groom's cake made by the one and only Cindy Ladnier.

For those of us who were involved in Amanda and Nathan's big day, it sure was a weekend we'll never forget. ;) We can't thank them enough for letting us be a part of their story. Cheers to the newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment